This page contains topics for bachelor and master's thesis that student from MFF at Charles University may choose from. Even though this page is in English, you may write your thesis in English, Czech or Slovak language.
If you are considering signing up for a theme below, your next step should be to email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Bakal2017 stating:
- your name
- your prefered topics
- the name of your teacher of the practicum of Programovani II
- your motivation (i.e. why do you prefer these topics)
- your previous programming experience (there is no need to have previous programming experience)
- describe the largest project you've been working on that was finished (i.e., you can show us if it is in presentable state)
- send us the source code of this project and its DOCUMENTATION (or a web link) - if possible
Additionally, you are welcome to have any questions!
The purpose of this email is to help us to select a topic that will suit you most and not to exclude those who have limited programming experience.
Email to Jakub Gemrot, even if you want a topic supervivised by a different supervisor (from the list below).
After you send us the email, you should visit us in the “office” hours.
- *On request!* Email me and I send you details, no worries :)
- Jakub Gemrot (email@example.com)
As you will browse through the themes, you may find out that some topics require you to work with the Pogamut platform. It would be probably the best to read the HomePage and Architecture (a bit outdated, good for overview) pages to get your first impressions about the platform.
By default, it is expected that all so-called “personal projects” will later become bachelor theses. You should expect continuous work on your thesis and will be required to deliver regular updates and a working beta until September 2017.
- Note that even if some topic is already ONGOING or DONE it usually can be bend towards new goals or connect on an existing work.
Supervisor - Jakub Gemrot
- General GameDev Themes
- Unreal Tournament
- IVA Query Language Master (GameDev, Software systems)
- Navigation for Groups Master (GameDev, I1)
- Oculus VR Immersion Bachelor / Master (GameDev, I1, I2) (can be scaled up/down)
- You can come up with anything for Oculus / HTC Vive
- StarCraft: BroodWar
- You can do almost anything in SCBW (strategy, tactics, movement, macro/micro, opponent modelling, etc.)
- Rogue-like Game Maker Toolkit Master (I2)
- NextGen Behaviore Tree Editor Master (GameDev, I1, I2)
- Game Playing
- DOTA2 Bots Bachelor / Master (GameDev, I1, I2)
- Hearthstone Card Game Analysis Bachelor / Master (GameDev, I1)
- Generating RPG encounters Bachelor / Master (GameDev, I1, I2) (can be scaled up/down)
- Multiagent MarioAI Bachelor
- General Videogame Playing Bachelor / Master(GameDev, I1, I2)
- Adventure story generator Master (GameDev, I1, I2)
- Generating strategic grid games Master (I1)
- General game playing Master (I1)
- Tyrian AI Master (I1, I2)
- Game AI
- Board games
Supervisor - Michal Bida
- AVAILABLE Create Teaching Virtual Assistant for Czechitas (not based on Pogamut) Bachelor / Master
- AVAILABLE Analyse and clustering of blog articles (not based on Pogamut) Bachelor / Master
- AVAILABLE Like it or hate it - automatic analysis of FanFiction fantasy novels (not based on Pogamut) Master
- AVAILABLE ChatBot Student Advisor for Czechitas (not based on Pogamut) Master
- AVAILABLE Train NN classifying emotional charge of pictures (not based on Pogamut) Master
- Not Available StoryFactory extension Bachelor / Master
- ONGOING Create sandbox for cognitive experiments in virtual reality Bachelor / Master
- ONGOING Generating Comics with Emoticons Bachelor / Master
- ONGOING Improve Pogamut PathFinding Bachelor
- FINISHED Insect Wings Vector Analysis (not based on Pogamut) Bachelor / Master
- FINISHED Minecraft AI Bachelor / Master
- FINISHED Capture the Flag bot Bachelor / Master
- FINISHED UsarSim integration Bachelor / Master
- FINISHED Virtual Argument modeling Bachelor / Master
Supervisor - Cyril Brom
- (only for students of education/teaching) Motivational effects of computer-based educational simulations Bachelor / Master