The last Pogamut release is Pogamut 3.5.1.
We are working on:
- There have been many improvements last year. Currently, we have migrated Pogamut plugins to NetBeans 7.1.2 and they have been known to work flawlessly in NetBeans 7.3 as well.
- We have created two mini games in UT2004 with tournament system - Tag Game and Hide and Seek game, where the bots play this children games! Actually it is not that easy to create an optimal behavior for these games. Download example bots from our latest lecture site!
- We have working example of bot on UT3! Download UT3 bot template and GameBotsUT3 from our Pogamut SVN or try our Experimental Pogamut UT3 Installer 3.5.1! UT3 bots are still beta - they are using slightly modified version of PogamutUT2004, but they are running and shooting!
- We have a new version of POSH - yaPOSH - that features working debugger capable of breakpoints definition and stopping the bot AND the environment when it reaches those breakpoints - this is a great feature for debugging. Tutorial comming soon!
- We have updated some of our tutorials - especially navigation bot tutorial and hunter bot tutorial!
- UT2004 Nav Mesh generation with Recast tool. Navigation mesh could further improve pathfinding and path following for Pogamut bots in UT2004.
- Pogamut Emohawk RPG project - extension of project Emohawk. We are adding bot actions such as cooking, trading, etc. This would create a new set of problems for bots in to solve and it will work on UDK!
- yaPOSH tutorial
Just to remind you:
- Pogamut UT2004 Installer 3.5.1 for UT2004 (installs GameBots2004, Maven 3.0.4, NetBeans plugins, example projects archetypes)
- Pogamut Emohawk Installer 3.5.1 using UnrealEngine2 (installs UnrealEngine2 Runtime, GameBotsUE2, Pogamut UE2 package with character models and city map, Maven 3.0.4, NetBeans plugin, example projects)
- Pogamut DefCon Installer 3.5.1 using DefCon game (installs DefCon game, Maven 3.0.4, example project)
- Pogamut UT3 Installer 3.5.1 experimental installer. You need to have Unreal Tournament 3 installed on your system. (installs GameBotsUT3 to Unreal Tournament 3 folder, Maven 3.0.4, UT3 bot example project)
- UT2004Tournament project implemented that allows you to easily conduct death matches / tournament
- It automatically provide statistics about all bots from the tournament (except native bots)
- THIS IS KILLER FEATURE FOR ASSESSING COMBAT BEHAVIOR QUALITY OF YOUR BOT!
- We're constantly updating our projects based on UnrealEngine2
- This project allows you to create machinimas (short video scenes from 3D environments).
- This project shows how steering works in 3D environment featuring various steerings like "follow the leader", "wall following", "obstacle avoidance", etc.
- SimDate 3D
- This is a simple dating game where users goal is to assure Thomas and Barbara make it to the cinema together.
- All these project are available at Pogamut Games Page and are free for educational purposes.
- Planning4J (http://code.google.com/p/planning4j/) was updated and tested for both Windows and Linux environments. It now supports several planners including IPC planners (most of them under Linux) and ANA* - a fast planner for relaxed domains. See http://code.google.com/p/planning4j/wiki/SupportedPlanners for more info.
- We have created a tool called T3D generator that allows for easy procedural creation of maps for Unreal - it is primarily targeted at UDK. See http://pogamut.cuni.cz/pogamut-devel/doku.php?id=subprojects:t3dgenerator for more details.
- It turns out it is possible to run UDK server on Linux, thus you can run experiments on Linux machines. However it is still quite cumbersome - see http://pogamut.cuni.cz/pogamut-devel/doku.php?id=guidelines:udk_on_linux
Do you have a project built on top of the Pogamut platform? If yes and you want it to be mentioned in the next release of "Pogamut quarterly" or have a link from the Pogamut homepage, then let us know!
All the best,
The Pogamut Team