The last Pogamut release is Pogamut 3.3.0.
Pogamut on conferences:
- We have migrated Pogamut plugins to NetBeans 7.1.1 and created Pogamut all-in-one installers. Latest installers:
- Pogamut UT2004 Installer 3.3.0 for UT2004 (installs GameBots2004, Maven 3.0.4, NetBeans plugins, example projects archetypes)
- When using POSH stick to 3.3.1-SNAPSHOT, there is a bug in POSH 3.3.0 bot navigation.
- Pogamut Emohawk Installer 3.3.1-SNAPSHOT using UnrealEngine2 (installs UnrealEngine2 Runtime, GameBotsUE2, Pogamut UE2 package with character models and city map, Maven 3.0.4, NetBeans plugin, example projects)
- Pogamut DefCon Installer 3.3.0 using DefCon game (installs DefCon game, Maven 3.0.4, example project)
- Moreover you can use Pogamut Nightly builds (built by Jenkins) - access them at our Download page
- We have improved navigation in UT2004 (new classes UT2004Navigation, UT2004PathAutoFixer, UT2004DistanceStuckDetector)
- We have fixed memory leak and deadlock in PogamutBase project (sometimes occurring when stopping the bot proces)
- We have added CLIRR plugin to Jenkins showing API changes between versions, e.g. example report.
- Pogamut nightly builds are automatically deploying maven sites to Pogamut Maven Sites
- Planning4J (http://code.google.com/p/planning4j/) was updated and tested for both Windows and Linux environments. It now supports several planners including IPC planners (most of them under Linux) and ANA* - a fast planner for relaxed domains. See http://code.google.com/p/planning4j/wiki/SupportedPlanners for more info.
- We have created a tool called T3D generator that allows for easy procedural creation of maps for Unreal - it is primarily targeted at UDK. See http://pogamut.cuni.cz/pogamut-devel/doku.php?id=subprojects:t3dgenerator for more details.
- It turns out it is possible to run UDK server on Linux, thus you can run experiments on Linux machines. However it is still quite cumbersome - see http://pogamut.cuni.cz/pogamut-devel/doku.php?id=guidelines:udk_on_linux
- We are working on GameBots for Unreal Tournament 3, checkout latest version in Pogamut SVN
- Checkout new Pogamut Games Site containing game-like projects based on Pogamut platform (StoryFactory, SteeringGame, SimDate3D).
Just to remind you:
- Pogamut Demo Paper was accepted at AAMAS 2012.
- SteeringGame Demo Paper was accepted at AAMAS 2012.
We are working on:
- UT2004Tournament project implemented that allows you to easily conduct death matches / tournament
- It automatically provide statistics about all bots from the tournament (except native bots)
- THIS IS KILLER FEATURE FOR ASSESSING COMBAT BEHAVIOR QUALITY OF YOUR BOT!
- We're constantly updating our projects based on UnrealEngine2
- This project allows you to create machinimas (short video scenes from 3D environments).
- This project shows how steering works in 3D environment featuring various steerings like "follow the leader", "wall following", "obstacle avoidance", etc.
- SimDate 3D
- This is a simple dating game where users goal is to assure Thomas and Barbara make it to the cinema together.
- All these project are available at Pogamut Games Page and are free for educational purposes.
- We are thinking of creating a bot that could compete in next the BotPrize competition. The first step we have already done was collection of behavior data from human players and then their thorough analysis. The collected data are free for download, check the homepage of the project.
- We're also working on PDDL editor, that will allow you to easily edit PDDL domains & problems featuring syntax-highlighting and syntax checking, but this is currently work-in-progress.
- Work on debugger for SPOSH plans continues, we have working prototype that allows you to set up breakpoints into POSH plans interactively.
Do you have a project built on top of the Pogamut platform? If yes and you want it to be mentioned in the next release of "Pogamut quarterly" or have a link from the Pogamut homepage, then let us know!
All the best,
The Pogamut Team